The Technology Help Desk was created for several reasons, the most important being the ability to resolve technology issues as quickly as possible. Other reasons include the ability to track requests and manage tasks to be completed. There is an average of over 300 Help Desk Requests added in a month, and without the Help Desk there would be no way to keep track of what needs to be done versus what has already been completed. The months of August and September are especially busy, in 2018 there were 1,101 Help Desk Requests added.
To facilitate the fast and efficient resolution of Help Desk Requests, the technology department is offering the following tips:
- Email help desk requests to the Help Desk email address, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sign up to receive emails for status alerts from the status.kcs.me webpage. You’ll get an email when there is something wrong in the district or in your building that’s affecting technology usage.
- Don’t text or call the technology department. We’re in and out of the classrooms so much that our phones are usually on silent. Email the Help Desk instead. We get notifications on our phones with new requests. This is the quickest way to get a Help Desk Request completed.
- Try to put as much information as possible into the request. Saying “students cannot open the website” does not help us gather the information required to fix the problem where as “Susie Doe (#1234) and other students cannot open cnn.com” is a lot more informative and will help us complete the request faster.
- When a Help Desk is completed, please read the email you receive with the subject “Completed Help Desk”. This email lets you know what was done to complete your Help Desk and may include further directions. We are receiving emails or getting new Help Desks on things that were answered in the “Completed Help Desk” emails.
- Please do not have others submit Help Desk Requests. This slows down the processing of Help Desk. Unless it is a special circumstance (teacher is out of the district and has a sub, for example), these Help Desk Requests will be closed out uncompleted.
Thank you for all you do for Kenton City Schools!
1 thought on “Using the Help Desk”
Comments are closed.